Did you delete a chat you once had with a friend on Facebook and now you need to revisit it?
Bring your hope alive. I am about to show you how you can go about it.
Today, you will learn how to restore your deleted messages in Facebook in a few minutes. Come with me.
Can you recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook?
Once you have deleted message on Facebook, it is almost impossible to get it back.
But there is a thin line of possibility that could spring your hope alive.
So if you are looking for ways to get back deleted messages, there may not be straight up means to go through, but there are some methods you could employ and you might just lay your hands on the deleted message.
One thing that can be done to ensure absolute recovery of messages anything is to constantly have a backup of your chats, which you can restore at a latter time.
Note that when you delete a message on Facebook, Facebook will still store it for up to 90 days. But if you try to restore messages after these 90 days, your chances are more thinner. But still possible.
How to restore Facebook deleted messages.
I will take you through five different methods, one of which should serve you based on the peculiarity of your deletion.
Method 1: How To Restore Deleted Messages Via Unarchiving Messages?
This option is valid peradventure you haven’t deleted the messages but have mistakenly archived it.
If that is the case, then you can recover it with the following steps.
To unarchive messages on mobile:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- After log in. Use the search bar to search for the message you want to recover.
- If the message is found, send a new message to the friend who received the message.
- This will unarchive your entire conversation with the friend.
To unarchive messages on Desktop:
- Open Facebook Messenger app.
- Log in to your account.
- Open Messages.
- Select the ‘gear’ icon you’ll see on the page.
- Select ‘Archived Threads’.
- You will get the list of all the archived messages.
Method 2: Restore Deleted Facebook Messages By Downloading Your Facebook Data.
You can recover your deleted messages by downloading messages from your account.
The step by step instruction on how to do this follows thus:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to your Account Setting.
- From Account Settings, go to ‘Your Facebook Information’ on the left side. Then click on the ‘Download your information’ button.
- When you hit this button, you will be redirected to a download page. Here you can download every activity you have ever carried out on your Account.
- From the list of available data for download, select which data you’ll like to download by ticking the boxes beside each. Then click ‘Create File’ button.
- After you have clicked the Create File button, a pop-up message will appear on your device’s screen. The message will give information about the processing of your files and you will get a notification in your Facebook notification when it has been completed.
- Select ‘Download’ option to continue the process.
- You will be asked for your Facebook Password to ensure security measures are taken. Enter the password as required.
- Facebook will send a download link to the email address on your account. Click on the ‘Download Archive’ button, from the mail. The download will begin automatically but into a zip folder on your device.
- Unzip this folder.
- Open the file titled ‘Index’.
- It contains all your Facebook Data.
- Choose ‘Messages’, and you’ll be able to see all your deleted Facebook messages.
Method 3: Recover deleted messages with your Android device.
You can make use of the regular Android device you have been using for your Facebook account as follows:
- Connect your Android device to a PC via USB cable.
- On the PC, go to “SD Card” or “Internal Storage”.
- Select Android, then Data.
- Locate and select a folder with the name “com.facebook.orca”.
- Select Cache, then fb_temp.
- From there, check for the messages you want to recover and follow the process to recover them.
Method 4: Restore your deleted messages by using a Third-Party App.
Another way of recovering your deleted messages which is the last we’ll talk about is making use of a third-party application.
The app is a recovery app that can help you get back your lost messages. The steps:
- Install Stellar Data Recovery for Android in your device.
- Connect your Android device to the computer & download this software application on your PC.
- Launch the software on your PC and scan all your lost or deleted messages. You can have a preview of data’s you want to recover from here so as to select the right message of your choice.
- Export the chosen file to save it.
- Then you will have the files saved in PDF format.