Facebook is a social media platform that began with the objective of bringing people together for social interactions via chats, status updates, likes and comments.
But overtime,Facebook has discovered ways of expanding this objective to further the achievement of it’s purpose. Making Facebook do more than just chatting and catching fun.
One of the features that has therefore been implemented to enhance the actualization of this goal is the Facebook marketplace.
Facebook marketplace is put in place to improve upon the rate and quality of interactions among Facebook users. It will make people to connect with new friends and interact more with existing ones via buying and selling.
What is the Facebook marketplace app.
Facebook marketplace app is an online market that gives a Facebook user the room to carry out business transactions with other Facebook users far and wide.
Facebook marketplace app is not a different app from Facebook. Rather, it is a Facebook-imbedded online marketing platform.
As a businessperson, it gives you the privilege to promote your products and services to people you may not be opportuned to meet ordinarily. Because your business would be visible to an unlimited range of people but locally and globally.
Why should you use Facebook marketplace app?
By now if you still have this question in your mind, let me clear the air over it.
If you are a businessman these are few of the opportunities you stand to enjoy using Facebook marketplace.
- It will give your business global exposure
- It is absolutely free
- When you post your products or services in the marketplace, anyone in need of such will easily find you simply by searching
- Your Facebook account will become an online store
- In addition, if you have a product that is different from the type of business you’re known for, Facebook marketplace is a place to quickly get people who might be needing such Products.
What do you need to be on Facebook marketplace?
To become visible on the marketplace, you need a mobile device (Android or iOS) that has internet access and is logged in to Facebook.
Also, you should be about 18 years of age.
How do you get to Facebook marketplace?
This is not difficult.
If you use Android,check it out at the top of your Facebook app after logging in.
An iOS user? Check it out at the bottom of the same.
And if you are on the web, you will find Marketplace icon on the left side of the Facebook web page.
Can you use Facebook marketplace app without a Facebook account?
I have mentioned earlier that the Facebook marketplace app is not a separate app from Facebook. So it can only be accessed through Facebook. No one can be in the Facebook marketplace except through a Facebook account.
How do you use the Facebook app marketplace?
There are three basic things you could do on the Facebook marketplace and they are enumerated as follows:
Checking out and browsing through available goods.
- You can browse the marketplace for possible available goods
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- After login, select the Store icon located at the top of the page.
- From the next page displayed, select “Categories”.
- From the next option, select the type of items you want to view. This will make optimization easier.
- Thereafter you can browse through the marketplace for the item of your choice.
- When you find an item that catches your interest, you can select it to display more details about the item.
Buying on the marketplace.
Buying on the marketplace follows from the last step above.
After you have selected an item to buy:
Make sure you read the details carefully for full understanding
Then you can send the seller a message for negotiations and payment.
Note that negotiations, pricing and delivery lies solely in the hands of users. Facebook is not liable for any transaction in the marketplace.
Selling on the marketplace.
To sell your products on the marketplace:
- Have a clear and bold picture of the item.
- Select sell from the market place.
- Select a category that your item fits in from the list of options provided.
- Enter the name of your product.
- Set the Price the item is going for.
- Verify your location. You can change this if the item is not in the same location
- Give a detailed information for your potential buyers to understand what they’ll buy.
- Add pictures of the item.
- And you’re done after you publish the post.