Entrepreneurs and Business organizations are constantly looking for platforms where they can sell and advertise their business products. Facebook Market Place is a typical and classy example of an online Market platform. This guide is on ‘how to buy and sell on Facebook marketplace’, read on.
Facebook Market place is an online platform where people get to sell their goods and buyers get to buy from them, i.e it connect sellers with potential customers.
This is a very easy and good way to advertise and promote your business because it exposes your business to millions of potential customers and also provides opportunities for individuals who do not yet have a physical store to sell online.
WHY SHOULD I SELL ON FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE?
Billions of people use Facebook and about 2 million people use Facebook Market place, selling on this platform exposes you to millions of potential customers.
It also serves as an avenue for you to advertise your business, create awareness and promote your business among these people. Buyers search for goods or products they want and filter their results by price, location, and category.
Another interesting thing is that Facebook Market place does not attract any charges or fees for selling or buying on this platform, that is you can sell and buy your products free of charge.
Facebook Market Place is presently functioning in about 70 countries in the world, users must be 18 years of age and above. To use a Facebook Market you must own a personal or business account or create one.
HOW TO LOCATE FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Marketplace is available in the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets.
• Login to your Facebook application
• Click on the three horizontal lines found at the top right corner of your Facebook wall
• Scroll down and click on settings and privacy
• Click on settings
• Check access your information
• Scroll down and click on Marketplace OR
Click on the Facebook Market place icon at the bottom of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android.
HOW TO SELL ON FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE?
Before you ask this question, make sure you already have what you want to sell and have quality pictures of it. This process is quite different for individuals and Big Merchants.
• FOR INDIVIDUALS
The process is very easy and fast for individuals who want to sell on Facebook Market Place.
On your Facebook application tap on the Market Place icon at the bottom of the homepage
✓Click on create new listing.
✓Click items for sale
✓Click add photo to upload pictures of your products for sale
✓Write detailed information about your products and what makes them unique
✓Click next, then publish to post your Market place listing.
Congratulations to you!!! You have just published your Market place listing if you followed the steps above strictly. Your products will be displayed on the Market field for potential customers to reach out to you.
• FOR BIG MERCHANTS OR ORGANISATION
Big Merchant will first of all have to incorporate the Facebook Market Place into their commerce store. You will;
• Set up your account
• Sync your store before you can gain an instant presence with instant sales.
From your Big Commerce store control panel;
Select the Facebook icon
You will see a box that outlines the rules of market place, click on interested, after clicking on interested you are set.
Your products will be reviewed by Facebook Market Place to determine if you are eligible to sell or not. The review process doesn’t take more than a week, after which you are set to sell on Facebook Market Place.
HOW TO BUY ON FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE
This is easy and straightforward.
• Users search for their desired products.
• Different items are displayed along with their locations.
• Choose the item desired and chat with the seller.
• Conclude on the payment and delivery methods.
HOW TO LIST ON FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE
To sell your products on this platform you are expected to list your products and state your location so customers can reach out to you.
Below are the steps to list your products;
1. On the News Feed, click on Marketplace.
2. Click on sell something or create a new listing from the left-hand side under the marketplace.
3. Select the product you want to list from.
4. On the next page, select the category of your product, fill in what you want to sell, set the price, location, provide a product description and add product images, click next to proceed when you are done.
5. Click on the post to publish the listing in the marketplace.
Hope is now enlightened about Facebook Market Place, if you are not using it before, start now! Right from your comfort zone reach out to a wide spectrum of audiences.