How To Hide Photos On Facebook: There are no limitations on the number of photos you can upload on your Facebook profile. Facebook allows you to post as many photos as you want on your wall, you can also create photo albums for specific purposes.
The default settings of Facebook enable all Facebook friends to see any photo you upload or share on Facebook, this enables them to engage you and like your photos.
Photos also give you a sense of identity, apart from knowing your name, Facebook friends also get to see what you look like which gives them more confidence to engage you.
There are some people who do not accept friend request or engage someone in a chat if they do not have a photo of identity. Although uploading a photo for your friends or the public to see is good but there may be some consequences to this action.
Raed More: How To Send Money On Facebook
That is why a good number of people like to keep their Facebook private and hide their photos from Facebook friends. Here are some reasons people hide their photos on Facebook;
• People use their pictures to do illegal things and impersonate them. They may decide to change their photo settings to privacy, this will prevent their Facebook friends from seeing any photo they upload
• They want to hide their old Facebook pictures from the public and leave only the recent ones
• They mistakenly uploaded the wrong photo and want to prevent their Facebook friends from seeing it. They may choose to hide it or delete it.
• Or they probably want to go private on Facebook and attract little or no attention.
These are few reasons out of many others why Facebook users may want to hide their photos on Facebook. In case you find yourself in this predicament and the need to hide your Facebook photo(s) arise do not worry over how to go about it.
This article contains detailed steps on how to hide a photo on Facebook. These steps are user-friendly and easy to apply. Let’s begin.
STEPS TO HIDE YOUR PHOTO ON FACEBOOK
Step 1 – Make sure your phone, tablets, or laptop has a good and strong internet connection
Step 2 – Login into your Facebook account. If you are asked to fill in your details, provide the necessary details and login
Step 3 – Click on your profile photo found on the top left corner of your screen
Step 4 – The next page that will open is your Facebook book timeline which contain all the photos you have uploaded according to their date and time
Step 5 – Scroll down till you get to the photo you want to hide
Step 6 – Click on the three dots icon that appears at the right side of every photo or post on your timeline
Step 7 – A list of options will appear, click on change audience
Step 8 – Options like public, friends, friends except, specific friends and only me. click on only me
Step 9 – After that, it is completed, you have successfully hid your photo. Only you can now see it from now one.
You can repeat this process over again for any other photo(s) you want to hide.
It is also possible to hide a photo album on your Facebook account but this is done when you are creating it and after that, it can not be changed again only deleted. Below are the steps to follow;
Login to your Facebook profile and click on your profile picture. Your Facebook timeline page will be opened on your screen.
- Scroll down and click on photos
on the right corner you will see post photo or create album
- Click on create album
The default setting is set to public, change it by clicking on public. A list of other options will appear
- Choose “only me”. Any photo you post in this album will be seen by only you. It is a good way to save pictures on Facebook, just like a photo bank.
If you want to go totally private on Facebook and save your self the stress of hiding photos after uploading you can change your settings to private with just the five simple steps below;
- On your news feed page, click the arrow in the upper-right corner of your Facebook screen.
- Select Settings and Privacy in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to privacy and click on privacy settings. Here you can control who can see your post and content and also who can search for you.
- Then you choose who you want to see your future post. Click on “only me”
After this is completed any photo or post you drop on your Facebook profile will be seen by only you. You can choose any of the above methods to hide your photo depending on what you want.