How To Login Instagram With Facebook Password: Provided you have an active and registered Facebook account, you can log in to your Instagram account through the Facebook account. See how.
Since social networks started being used by people all over the world, the social networking market has been dominated by Facebook Inc.
This company, owned by the famous entrepreneur and tech enthusiast Mark Zuckerberg, currently has three social network platforms that are arguably three of the most used all over the world.
These social networking platforms are Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. These three social networks are different and dynamic, ensuring the only social network that provides competition for a Facebook-owned social network is another Facebook-owned social network.
Instagram Login Through Facebook
This brilliant move puts Facebook Inc amongst the most patronized organizations worldwide and also ensures the company earns a lot in annual revenue. Facebook Inc’s revenue for 2020 was approximately 86 billion US dollars.
Facebook and Instagram are two different social networks but they have one function that makes both social networks different from WhatsApp: the ability to post to the public or select group of people and not just people on your phone’s contacts list.
While Facebook was launched in February 2004 as TheFacebook, Instagram was launched in October 2010 originally for IOS devices and later for Android OS devices in April 2012.
Instagram (also known as insta or IG) was not always for Facebook Inc; it was created by American duo Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. It was bought by Facebook Inc for 1 billion US dollars in April 2012.
Though more of a dominant activity done on Instagram more than Facebook, both social networks are used to post pictures and videos. Instagram also has a messaging feature but sending messages is more known as a ‘Facebook thing’ than an ‘Instagram thing’.
Facebook even ensures its users have the maximum chatting experience they can get by developing a separate app for chatting named Facebook Messenger.
Since Facebook Inc bought Instagram, there has been a sort of connection between both Facebook and Instagram. This connection has saved people who use both social networks simultaneously a lot of stress and precious time.
Also See: How To Download Facebook Messenger
Take, for example, you own both Facebook and Instagram accounts and you post a picture or video on Facebook. If you wish to post the same picture on Instagram, you will need to exit Facebook, open Instagram, search for the picture or video, and then post it. Stressful, isn’t it?
If your answer was yes, you don’t need to worry about the stress because you can easily link both accounts and when you post on Facebook, you can share it on Instagram at the same time and vice versa.
Does linking these social network accounts mean you can log in to one with the other? Yes, it is very much possible but it only works when you want to log in to your Instagram using your Facebook account.
This helps in situations where users forget their Instagram password but remember their Facebook password and need to log in to the Instagram account.
All they just need to do is log in to the Instagram account with the ‘Log in with Facebook’ option available when they are about to log in. However, it is only possible to do this when both the Facebook and Instagram accounts are linked.
How To Link Your Instagram Account With Your Facebook Account
Linking your Instagram account with your Facebook account is important if you want to post on both accounts simultaneously and also for you to be able to log in to your Instagram account if you only remember your Facebook password.
Linking your Instagram account with your Facebook account is easy; you just need to follow these steps:
- Using the Instagram app on your Android OS or IOS device, log in to your Instagram account.
- In your Instagram account, open your profile by clicking on the bottom right icon that usually contains your display picture.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the app.
- It will bring a slide that contains your settings at the bottom right corner.
- Click on ‘settings’.
- Next, click on ‘accounts’ and then ‘linked accounts’.
- You will find Facebook and other platforms like Twitter and Tumblr; click ‘facebook’.
- Provide your Facebook log-in details and successfully link your Instagram account with your Facebook account.
How To Login Instagram Account With Facebook
- Go to www.instagram.com or open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- When you want to log in to your Instagram account, you should see an option to log in using Facebook other than using your Instagram username and password.
- Click on ‘login with Facebook’.
- Input your Facebook login details (your email/phone number and password).
- Select ‘login’.
- Follow the procedures to complete the process.
- This can also be done when you want to open a new Instagram account but you will be given a random username which can later be changed.