Facebook is undoubtedly the biggest social network on earth with billions of active users, a list that keeps on increasing every day.
Without a doubt, if you are reading this post it is because you have a Facebook account. If you use your Facebook account, you will notice or suspect that people view your profile and these people who view your Facebook profile are never disclosed to you.
Do not be alarmed, it is a Facebook policy and so many other Facebook users face the same “problem” as you might put it.
If you are interested in knowing who viewed your Facebook profile, this article will do a good job in teaching you how to know who these people are
How To Check Who Visited Your Facebook Profile
Although there is no official way to check who visited your Facebook profile, this article will explain in details how you can know satisfy your curiosity. You can check who visited you Facebook profile with the following methods:
1. Using A Chrome Web Browser Extension
If you don’t know what a chrome web browser extension is, they are programs that can be installed into the browser to change it’s functionality.
These extensions are used to modify browsing experience and make sure browsing is more convenient. An example of a Chrome web browser extension that can be used to see who visited your Facebook profile is the Social Profile View Chrome Extension.
To use this extension -which only works for PCs- to see who visited your profile on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome browser on your PC.
- Search “Social Profile View Notification” on Google and click on the extension it brings in the search result.
- Next, click on add to Chrome.
- Then a pop-up message will appear, asking if you want to add the extension or cancel. Click on “add extension” and activate it.
- Go to www.facebook.com to log in to your Facebook account with your Chrome browser and you will see a new “visitors” tab at the top, where the search bar, home button and others are.
- Click on the “visitors”tab and a pop-up message will show you your profile’s visitors.
2. Checking Facebook Source Code
Checking Facebook source code when you are active on your Facebook account is another way of knowing who visited your Facebook profile.
This method also only works for PC and you are recommended to use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser.
Follow these steps to check Facebook source code on your PC:
- Log in to your Facebook account on your browser here. When you log in, you will be taken to your home screen.
- Right-click on any part of the screen and select “view page source”. If you are using Google Chrome, you can press “ctrl+U”.
- A new tab containing your Facebook timeline source code will then be opened. In this new tab, press “ctrl+F” to open the search box and type “InitialChatFriendsList”.
- Find the “InitialChatFriendsList” source code and see the profiles under it.
- You will see some 15-digit codes that act as the profile IDs of people who visit your Facebook profile.
To know who exactly a person is through the profile ID you got from the Facebook source code, for example, visit www.facebook.com/123456789101213 if the person’s profile ID is 123456789101213.
3. Using Mobile Apps
You can also know who visits your Facebook profile using mobile apps for Android OS and IOS.
To get apps like this on your Android OS device, go to Google Playstore and search “who visited my Facebook profile”. Some apps would be recommended to you after this search.
Examples of apps you can use to check who visited your Facebook profile on your IOS device include Social Fan app, Who Engages with My Profile on Facebook and Manage your Social Accounts. These apps are available on your IOS store.
These apps however might cost you some money before you can use them. Also, some of these apps might be a total waste of time or they might have been built to gain access to people’s Facebook accounts.