This is a detailed guide on the best Virtual cards in Nigeria.
Virtual cards work like physical cards, the only difference being that Virtual is used for online transactions.
Making online purchases from foreign online stores is sometimes challenging for Nigerians.
One of the greatest challenges in buying products from these stores is with the payment options.
Payment is usually and easily made with a visa (debit or credit card) and MasterCard (debit or credit).
However, using these cards is not totally free of hitches, as some of them are even sometimes declined by the online stores you’re buying from.
But a remedy to this situation is the use of virtual cards.
If you want to make an online payment or purchase and you have some difficulties with your physical card, a virtual card is the best option for you.
In this post, I will show you the best platforms that issue virtual cards in Nigeria.
There are several virtual cards that you can use definitely. But, when we talk of money you must be sure you can trust the people you are dealing with.
This is why I will share with you the best Virtual cards in Nigeria.
What Is A Virtual Card?
I mentioned briefly at the beginning of this post that Virtual cards work just like physical cards, which is very much valid.
A virtual card is simply a digital card that is linked to your physical card or to your bank account.
It has the features of your physical card and can be used to shop online.
But, it can not be used offline. That is, virtual cards are valid for transactions over the internet only.
A virtual card is a set of 16-digit numbers with a 3-digit Card Verification Value (CVV).
The 16 digits are arranged exactly like the number on your physical card, and the same goes with the CVV which is like the 3-digit at the back of your physical card.
This number of virtual cards is generated by the banking software and can be used online only.
Why Should You Use Virtual Cards?
There are varying reasons to consider the use of virtual cards. Here are some of the benefits attached to using it.
- It keeps your banking details safe.
When you shop online with a virtual card, your banking details are safe and can not be accessed by a third party.
And the chances of stealing it is very low. In fact, if seen by
- It allows you to set spending limits.
When your card is being issued to you, you can set a limit to your spending on the card.
- It is accepted globally
Like I pointed out earlier, one of the problems with physical cards is that some online stores reject them.
Virtual cards on the other hand are accepted globally for shopping for any product of your choice.
Problems Of Virtual Cards
There are some restrictions with using virtual cards that you should know about.
Below are the problems or disadvantages of virtual cards.
- It Is Temporary
Virtual cards become invalid under a shorter period when compared to physical cards.
Usually, a virtual may become invalid after 1 year.
But you can always apply for a new one.
- It Is Meant Only For Online Shopping.
Physical cards can be used to make transactions both online (though limitedly) and offline, but virtual cards are limited only to online transactions.
- Not Usually Accepted By SME’s
Virtual cards are globally accepted, but sometimes local and small businesses do not accept it.
Best Virtual Cards In Nigeria
This section will address what the best virtual card is.
Some Nigerian Banks have virtual cards, and I will begin this list with them.
Banks With Virtual Cards In Nigeria.
Some banks in Nigeria that issue virtual cards provide a solution for their customers when having online shopping issues.
These banks are some of the best platforms for Virtual cards in Nigeria.
Here we go!
1. GTB Virtual Card
If you are a GTB customer, you can easily get a virtual card issued by the bank.
GT Bank issues virtual MasterCard to customers who shop online.
Sometimes, if you lose your physical card, you can get a virtual card for your urgent online transaction.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GTBANK VIRTUAL MASTERCARD
Below are the steps to apply for GTB Virtual card.
- Go to GTBank’s Internet Banking platform
- At the left-hand side of the displayed page, select cards.
- Select the virtual card request menu.
- Fill the request form displayed appropriately
- Tap the ‘New Request’ button.
- Select the account to be debited for the charges from the next screen.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions (Do well to read them first).
- Click ‘Account to link’
- Answer the secret question and ‘Continue’ afterward. It should lead you to the confirmation page.
- Generate a 6-digit code from your device, then enter it into space on the page.
- Click ‘submit’.
then the system will process your request, and if successful you will see the following on the next page.
- PAN (The Card Number)
- Expiry date
- Activation Code
2. FIRST BANK Virtual Card
First Bank is another Bank that issues virtual cards to its customers.
This card works perfectly like the GTB MasterCard.
First Bank issues virtual Visa cards, and it is globally accepted for online transactions.
Do not forget that this card will be linked to your account, and it will work just like your physical card.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FIRST BANK VIRTUAL VISA CARD
Creating your First Bank virtual Visa Card is relatively easy, but you will need to have the mobile application installed on your device.
If you have installed the First Bank mobile app, follow the steps below to create your virtual card.
- Log in to the mobile application on your phone. You will have to sign up if you just downloaded the app.
- Go to the menu option on the left side of the page.
- From the menu, select Card Services.
- Next, select Virtual Cards from the list of options that will be displayed.
- Follow through to create your virtual Visa Card.
3. ZENITH BANK PLC VIRTUAL CARD
like the first two banks with virtual cards, Zenith bank offers virtual cards to its customers for their online use.
And this makes it one of the platforms to get virtual cards in Nigeria.
Issuing the card is very much easier.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ZENITH BANK PLC VIRTUAL CARD
You can request Zenith Bank’s virtual card on the bank’s online platform. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
- Dial *966*2273# from your Zenith bank alert sim card.
- Read and follow the messages as prompted.
Platforms That Issue Virtual Dollar Cards In Nigeria
The virtual cards issued by the above banks are issued for the Naira denomination.
Therefore, a virtual Dollar card is a virtual card issued in the dollar denomination.
It is used most times on platforms that accept dollar as the payment option.
A clear example of where a dollar card may be required is when you want to pay for service on platforms like Spotify or Netflix.
The debit cards issued by Nigerian Banks may fail to serve and hence, the need for a dollar virtual card.
Some other times, your virtual card has a limit to the transaction amount it can make daily.
But with these virtual Dollar cards, you can make unlimited transactions in Dollars.
Below is a list of platforms where you can get your virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria.
This is in continuation of the list of best virtual cards in Nigeria.
4. ALAT BY WEMA
ALAT is a digital bank, and it is owned by Wema bank.
If you have an ALAT account, you can create your virtual Dollar card easily.
HOW TO CREATE ALAT VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD
Create your ALAT virtual card with the following steps.
- Download the ALAT app from your app store or visit ALAT website here
- Register your account
- Log in
- From the main menu, click on ‘card’.
- Click ‘ALAT Dollar Cards’.
- Click ‘Create a new card’.
- Enter the information in the field provided and follow through.
5. WALLET AFRICA
Wallet is one of the best platforms for virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria.
HOW TO CREATE “WALLET” VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD
The steps are as follows.
- Download Wallet mobile app
- Open an account.
- Log in to your account.
- Fund your wallet using ATM or bank transfer. You must add a minimum of $10 to your account.
- From your dashboard, click on ‘Cards’.
- Select ‘create a virtual Dollar card’.
- It is done
6. BARTER BY FLUTTERWAVE
Barter is another virtual Dollar card, and it is owned by Flutterwave.
HOW TO CREATE A VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD WITH BARTER
To create a virtual card with Barter, follow these steps
- Install the Barter mobile app.
- Sign up
- Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) and verification stage.
- Fund your Barter account.
- Click on ‘create new card’.
Eyowo is a very reliable platform to create a virtual card in Nigeria.
HOW TO CREATE A VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD WITH EYOWO
You can create a dollar virtual card with Eyowo with these steps.
- Visit the official website here
- Or download the Eyowo mobile app from
- Google Play Store.
- Click Register and enter your phone number.
- Fill in the information as required.
- Complete the registration.
- From your dashboard, Click ‘more’
- Select ‘Eyowo Dollar cards’.
- Fill in the name to be displayed on the card
- Enter an amount to fund your new card
- Click ‘create card’.
This is another platform to create a virtual MasterCard for online transactions.
#HOW TO CREATE A VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD WITH EVERSEND
Follow the steps as listed
- Download Eversend mobile app
- Log in.
- From the homepage Click ‘cards’
- Click ‘create new card’.
- Enter an amount to fund your account (the minimum amount is $5).
- Enter your PIN.
With SpectroCard, you can create a reliable virtual Dollar card in Nigeria.
How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card With SpectroCard
Here are the steps to create a virtual dollar card with SpectroCard.
- Create an account
- A verification email will be sent to you, open it and verify your account.
- Provide all required information.
- Fund your account.
- Create your virtual Dollar card.
FXKUDI is another platform to create a virtual card.
HOW TO CREATE A VIRTUAL DOLLAR CARD WITH FXKUDI
Take these steps to create a virtual dollar card with FXKUDI.
- Visit the official website here
- Or download FXKUDI app from your app store.
- Verify your account via your email
- Fill in the required information.
- Fund your account.
- Create your virtual Dollar card.
That is all on the best virtual cards in Nigeria.
Was this helpful